We know at this time of year theres so many events to go to whether it be end of year school break up parties, work parties, or christmas parties! It can be hard deciding what to bring so we've got the perfect bring a plate dish.. Christmas Shortbread!! The no fuss easy to make recipe thats a classic and sure to impress all.
- 250g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Chelsea Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cups standard grade flour
- Extra Chelsea Icing Sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 150ºC. Beat butter & icing sugar until creamy. Mix in cornflour and flour. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1 cm thick and cut into Christmas shapes with a cookie cutter. Carefully place on a greased oven tray. Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until shortbread is pale but crisp. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container. If you're feeling festive decorate with red and green icing sugar and silver balls to give a "christmas tree" effect.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar and voila!