Easy Hot Cross bun recipe.
300ml Warm milk
60g Caster sugar
Pinch of salt
600g Plain flour
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
1 tsp Allspice
70g Softened butter
1 ½ Cups of raisons
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
60f Plain flour
2 Tbsp Apricot jam
- Whisk sugar, milk and yeast in a bowl until sugar has dissolved. Cover and set aside.
- Sift flour into large bowl. Add salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- Rub butter into flour mixture until mixed and crumbly.
- Stir in raisons, eggs and yeast mixture into flour until dough is formed.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in clean, lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave in warm place until dough has doubled in size.
- Remove plastic wrap, knead dough until smooth, and divide into 12 even rounds.
- Place buns on greased baking tray, cover with plastic wrap and leave in warm place for 20 min.
- Whisk together flour and water to form a paste and pipe into crosses on buns.
- Bake buns in 200 degrees oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 180 and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the buns with warmed apricot jam. – Delicious!