Chocolate Crackles are a Kiwi classic, and a perfect addition to any party theme
- 250g vegetable shortening
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 4 cups puffed rice breakfast cereal or cornflakes
- 1 cup fine desiccated coconut
- Melt the vegetable shortening in a saucepan.
- Sift together the icing sugar and cocoa and add to the pan. Mix well, then tip in the rice bubbles or cornflakes and coconut.
- Stir everything together, then put spoonfuls into paper cupcake cases.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.