Halloween is right around the corner so we've found a recipe for these cute Bat cupcake treats to serve in lunch boxes or at your Halloween Party!
125g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Edmonds standard flour, less 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp Edmonds baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Put 12 paper cupcake cases into a standard 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Cream the butter, vanilla essence and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together and fold gently into the creamed mixture. Lastly stir in the milk.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
1 can chocolate frosting or alternatively make chocolate buttercream frosting
1 packet chocolate buscuits
1 packet chocolate buttons/chips
white icing to decorate
- Spread frosting over cupcakes. For bat wings, cut cookies in half; insert two cookie halves into each cupcake.
- Gently press chocolate buttons or chips into frosting for heads. Add eyes with decorating icing.